Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Most Efficent Day Ever

Well, I have decided to start a travel blog after years of not writing. I guess it has been since our world trip that I have shared our travel stories. So here we go again. We started on Dec. 22 in Melbourne, flying with Thai Airways to Bangkok. Upon boarding, I was quickly reminded of the Thai love of colour as the inside looked like an Easter basket with seats fashioned in pink, purple, and yellow. I was wearing a purple shirt and fit in nicely with the background. The flight was uneventful and we soon arrived in Bangkok. We decided to head to Kao San Road and were able to get a room for the day for 1100 Baht or around 30 dollars. I was happy, as the rooftop boasted a beautiful pool which I planned to lay by in the afternoon. We napped, had breakfast and headed out for the usual Thai beauty treatments. $10 and two hours later I had had a massage, manicure, and pedicure. Feeling relaxed and slightly sore (Thai massages can be a bit brutal) we headed out for lunch, time by the pool, and then a two hour nap. By 5pm we were headed back to the airport in Bangkok's manic traffic arriving almost two hours later. Back on the plane - this time Sri Lankan airways we headed towards Columbo. I must admit I was wishing for the nauseating colours of Thai Airways as this plane was yellow and green and the pillows looked as if the were soaked through with sweat. The smells on the plane were another interesting part of the journey as were the suffocating aresol spay they douse you with once on board. In any case we arrive in Sri Lanka at 11:30 on December 22 having had one hell of a day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home