Monday, January 11, 2010

Ella

After leaving Yala National Park we headed to the small mountain town of Ella. The only word that comes to mind to describe this town is glorious. The weather was perfect,warm and sunny with a cool breeze. For the first time since arriving in Sri Lanka I was not constantly repeating I'm hot. I am really hot. I am unbearably hot. Instead I was thinking this is perfect, and it really was. The views were magnificent both from our hotel and on the walks we did in the afternoon. The hills were covered in Tea Plantations and monkeys roamed freely. Having a massage there just topped of the beauty of it all. We also had a great group of people still traveling with us from Unawatuna, so in the evenings we drank beer and wine while enjoying the views. Needless to say, I was sad to leave this perfect little spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home