Friday, October 1, 2010

Gilli Islands





After Ubud , I headed off to the Gilli Islands for a little sun and fun. Unfortunately what I got was a bad dose of food poisoning!!! Luckily, my new found Dutch friend turned out to be a wonderfully caring person who brought me ginger tea and stayed in with me watching DVD's instead of partying at the many beachside bars. After a couple of days I was able to enjoy the stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear water. The place we stayed had a pool with a swim up bar right on the beach, so not bad digs. There was great snorkeling right off the beach where you can spot a few turtles swimming by. We stayed for five days - most of which I was ill - but it is was hard to feel bad in a place so beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home